Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Overs

So I finally decided to get a better suspension setup. After going to 100 Drifter of December I was pretty tired of only using about 1/3rd of my tires and having to flip them over.  After that event my brand new federals were completely worn out on both sides but the middle was still brand new. And even though my car has always felt fast enough for me, the added traction would really help me suck up to people while tandeming. But to have zero camber I would need to cut out my fenders and get overs. After eyeballing up my car I figured zero camber would bring my wheels out by about an inch so I began looking for 30mm overs. I ended up getting some bmagic 30mm rears. Click the link below for some install pics. 

Overs
Grant had already cut out fenders on his sc400 so I let him go to town with the grinder

IMG_3008
Half of the inner lip hammered up.

IMG_3010
All done ready to be welded up. Matt came over later with his welder and welded them together.

IMG_3012
The next day we finished installing the overs. They weren't the greatest fit but I think it came out pretty good. Thanks to everyone that hung out and helped put these on.
Double

1 comment: