Sunday, October 7, 2012

H20i Part 1

This year was my first time going to H20i. I don't know why I have never gone before. We had an absolute blast and saw a lot of amazing cars.  Getting down there was a bit of an adventure. Click the link to read about our trip down.
01-Morning After working all night on Andrei's EF wagon (I don't have any good shots of it), and getting my leaky steering rack fixed, it was time to head out bright and early at about 6am after getting no sleep. But before making it even a half hour into the trip, the ef broke off two wheel studs and we had to leave it at a gas station at the next exit. The EF was carrying my front bumper so I had to throw it onto the car knowing that it most certainly would get destroyed on the way down. But whatever.

We headed out again but about 20 min later my car was the next victim. Apparently my brand new front left tire decided to blow out. So we pulled over on the side of the highway and began jacking it up to see what happened.
02-pullover This ended up being the problem. My sidewall decided to just blow out. Was it the stretch? Was it under-inflated? I don't know. I know it wasn't scraping anything so why it blew out is a mystery. 03-Blown
After working on the car for about an hour trying out different combinations of wheels on the front and back, nothing worked because no matter what I put on the front, it would hit my coilovers or the caliper. So i was forced to run one of the spares I brought on the front. It didn't clear so I had to run my big spacer. This ofcourse meant no room for the fender. So the fender, bumper, and turn signal had to come off. This is how my car looked for the rest of the trip. Pretty ghetto but it worked. 05-frontshot The fitment was just awesome. 04-backshot Jake was happy to have my bumper as a companion for the trip down. 06-1 Jake bumper The rest of the trip was pretty drama free. Only problem was my inner fender metal was cutting into my huge tire when I turned. I fixed this later by banging in the metal. Here we are after taking a piss break. 06-group Getting closer. 07-bridge Gas stop. 08-1-gas After almost 8 long hours, we were finally in Ocean City, and headed straight to the outcast meet. A lot of WTF looks and thumbs up were directed at my s14. 08-at meet 09-Cruising Thanks to Josh, Kennedy and Doug Buttermore for the photos. Some cars from h20i are up next in part 2. 10-GroupPhoto

No comments:

Post a Comment